Oklahomans know: summers get HOT. Starting in May, sometimes earlier, and often not ending until October, temperatures can jump above 80 degrees. And in the “dog days of summer,” those temperatures can be even more uncomfortable, edging into triple digits. The last thing you want in those summer months is an air conditioner that breaks down or isn’t cooling your home or office efficiently.
When your air conditioning unit needs repairs, trust Mark Hill Heating & Air to help. For decades we have served the Tulsa metro area, earning a distinction as one of the most trusted HVAC companies in the community. When you choose Mark Hill Heating & Air, you choose highly qualified technicians with a commitment to fast, reliable, friendly service.
Does My Air Conditioning Unit Need Repairs?
There are many reasons why an air conditioning unit may not be working correctly, and the costs to fix these can range from inexpensive to costly. If it’s an expensive fix and the unit is more than five years old, it may be better to simply replace the unit.
Some of the most common problems encountered with air conditioning units are:
- Defective compressor – If you notice that air is blowing, but the air is hot, it could mean your compressor is not working. The compressor is the main functioning part in an air conditioning unit and therefore should always be fixed by a professional in order to avoid further damage to the unit.
- Clogged condensate drain – A clogged drain could cause water damage or leakage in your air conditioning unit onto the floor or the surrounding surfaces. If the unit is equipped with safety switches, these will often shut off the unit to prevent further damage. Routine maintenance will usually eliminate this problem, but if a clog occurs it is a simple fix.
- Fan belt or motor problems – If you hear a squealing or squeaking sound coming from your air conditioning unit, the fan belt or motor could be having problems. This can put a strain on your air conditioning unit and possibly lead to eventual failure if not fixed.
- Refrigerant leaks – If there is a hissing noise when the unit is turned on or off, there could be a freon (refrigerant) leak. This is damaging to your unit and your unit will soon be ineffective. If the leak is not repaired, your unit will need to be replaced.
If you notice any of these problems with your air conditioning unit, or the unit is not working at full capacity, don’t delay – the problem could worsen and lead to more expensive service. Contact Mark Hill Heating & Air today to get your air conditioner working to full capacity again. Fill out our contact form or give us a call at 918-258-8855.
Additional Services We Offer
- Air conditioner installation
- Air conditioner maintenance
- Furnace repair
- Furnace installation
- Furnace maintenance
- And more!
Contact Us for AC Repairs in Tulsa
If your unit needs to be repaired, call us! Our highly qualified specialists can discuss the best action to take based on your specific need, and help you find the best solution for your budget.
If you have other questions, or would like to schedule repairs, call us today at 918-258-8855.